The Beehive

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Child is a Genius


Ok.
After all the heaviness of the past few weeks, I think it's time to brag now.
This amazing drawing is proof that my 3.9 y/o daughter is an Artist.
In a couple months I am taking M to see an afternoon performance of The Nutcracker Ballet, which will (naturally) be followed by milk and cookies. I am looking forward to spending some quality alone time with my little girl, who finally seems to be grown up enough to sit still in a public place. Hopefully, she will enjoy these outings together enough that we can start some sort of tradition.
So, lately our conversations have been peppered with discussions about dancing and costumes. Thus, the inspiration for this drawing she did today. Maybe it doesn't look like much to you but I can definitely see the blue ballerina dancing on a cloud. She also says that the dots in the lower left are the audience watching. The letters, of course, are her name.

This is my favorite part of being a parent...getting a glimpse into her little brain. It just keeps getting better and better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

You lie. That's a Picasso you're passing off as a preschooler's drawing.

9:21 AM  
Blogger michael said...

gorgeous! happy halloween!

xm

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home